Living with Anxiety

 

Living with Anxiety

 

            Today I am going to be talking about what most of society avoids talking about because 1. They are either afraid to hear what others struggle with or 2. They assume it doesn’t exist. Anxiety is very real and it does not get spoken about much for those two reasons. I am going to be telling you my story and how I deal with my own anxiety in the hopes that it might help you, feel free to try some of these tips. This blog is for those who have anxiety and for those who want to feel “normal” or “free.”



          As children we don’t realize or stop think that one day we will be faced with anxiety. It is the unknown, we don’t know what age it will happen, if we will get it, or know what we are feeling is anxiety. Sometimes we have it, but it may be minor until we go about our life, we realize the triggers and then suddenly it escalates. It really is a struggle to go about your everyday life not knowing what will happen that might trigger anxiety attacks.

          I’m here to tell you that you’re not alone. I grew up shy and had social anxiety, which is the fear of talking with others. I’m awkward as it is so talking to people or friends, I ended up overthinking about what I was saying and what I was going to say. I didn’t know then what I know now and still to this day I do, but I’ve overcame it. As I got older and started “adulting” my anxiety got worse without myself knowing. I thought maybe I was worrying too much and cared what others thought of me. Even a simple task such as driving gave me anxiety, not severe enough where I wasn’t able to drive but the fear that while I was driving something would happen or even getting the incorrect directions.



          It didn’t end there, as I started building my life and moved away from my family it became even more severe. Thankfully my amazing partner was there for me and understands what I deal with every single day. I used to battle with what everybody else thought of me, what they had to say about me, if what I said was ok, if that left turn was a mistake or the right one, large crowds or gatherings, being bombarded  with too much information at once, too many tasks that overwhelmed me, certain conflicts/situations, and not being able to just sit and take a breather.  To this day they do bother me, but not enough for me to have anxiety attacks. I had to find ways to change my life, well-being and how to handle these conditions.

          I started doing my own research to try to find healing naturally without medications. Even then I still battled all these things until one day I was at my workplace when conflict happened and I was unable to handle it, broke down, had an anxiety attack and ended up leaving work. I knew then I had to get help. I ended up seeing a therapist who guided me into the right path. What they told me was that I was doing a great job researching how to feel better. Meditation was key and that I needed to boost my confidence.

          It took seeing a therapist to realize my worth to start my own wellness journey. I started changing my daily coffee intakes and my surroundings to feel better. Even the change of positive energy has helped me. I switched over to tea, started meditating, changing my appearance to make myself feel confident, speaking about how I feel, talking about anxiety, and writing in a journal.

          Here I am September 2020! I never felt better, not perfect but absolutely better! I’ve had less anxiety attacks. I feel beautiful, happy, healthy and blessed. I have my daily routine that has helped with my anxiety. ROUTINE is vital to have when you have anxiety, unexpected things or unwanted changes do cause anxiety, but you need to honor them and accept them. We cannot control everything so welcome environments, people and places with open arms.



          Think of anxiety as your roommate who just wants to control your life. Start your wellness journey, you’re never alone. Change your habits and acknowledge your triggers. Every day is new day and if you wake up not feeling it, it’s okay. Keep going, do what it takes to make yourself free. A walk outside, drinking your tea outside or meditating outside. At the end of the day it is your life and you have the power to change how you feel.

          You don’t have to necessarily to do exactly what I did but do your research and find the path that will suite you best. Although, food and drinking habits will definitely help you overcome your anxiety. You don’t have to completely cut it out of your life, but baby steps. Drinking alcohol and caffeine frequently is EXTREMELY bad for people with anxiety. Which is why I drink it once a week, usually Fridays or Saturdays are my days to drink coffee. Find your rhythm in life because you are worthy of it! Don’t give up!



Comments

Popular Posts