Turn Up The Volume! (of Your Hair)

 

 Your Volume Guide



            Are you lacking volume? Or are you unsure on how to create volume? Fear no more! I love volume so much sometimes I am unable to hear over the volume of my hair (pun intended). Today I am going to be giving the run down on volume as well as providing tips on how to turn up the volume.

            What is volume? Volume is to add fullness or the illusion of having thick hair. We create volume because we either want to make our hair look “fluffier” or “BIG” in the terms of one curly to another. If you love the BIG and LOUD hair, then this is for you!

            I personally love volume so much that I am constantly saying it all over my social media. I love the way my curls look when I add volume. There is a theory that you can’t have definition and volume, but I am here to tell you that is nothing but a fib! You most certainly can have the best of both worlds. Do not settling for one or the other, add both! Here are some tips on how top create your own volume:

 

VOLUME TIP #1:

            After applying product to your hair and before diffusing use large hair clips to the roots of your hair. They should meet between the root and scalp, lift-up and clip. Do this to the top of your head and anywhere else that you may think may need volume.  Once you have those clips in diffuse away!

 

VOLUME TIP #2:

          Diffusing can be tricky and sometimes when diffusing frizz can be created while getting the volume you need. If you are diffusing for volume, use medium heat and ONLY diffuse upside down. Diffusing the top use your cool setting to make sure there is no frizz. Another option is just hovering over your curls when you feel like your curls are semi-dry. That way you get your volume and no frizz. (do not be afraid of your frizz crown. It is beautiful and should be embraced if it is visible or not)

 

VOLUME TIP #3:

          The most common tip in volume is your hair pick. If you own a hair pick then you know it is life changing. It makes a HUGE difference just by picking at the roots of your hair and lifting upward. You can also use the hair pick to separate your curls and create volume that way as well. This is always my go to after a few days of refreshing, I need that little bit of volume.

 

VOLUME TIP #4:

          Oh no! I don’t have a hair pick! Do not worry. You can get the same volume with or without a hair pick. Sometimes we often go out and do not have the time to get that extra volume. Here is my secret, get some hair oil or serum apply it to your fingertips only then use yours hands to go under your hair rub and shake. Do this wherever your curls need volume. Think of it as almost a little massage, but also creating that magnificent volume.

 

VOLUME TIP #5:

          Got bobby pins? Place this from root to scalp and lift, while your hair is dry. Make sure that your bobby pins match your hair color, and you will be able to get away with it! I promise. Not simple enough check out my next tip!

 

VOLUME TIP #6:

          Shake, shake, shake your hair! Simple as that. If you need a quick fix! Check it out here!



Comments

Popular Posts